– Fixing my bed has finally become part of my everyday morning routine. Not because med school has made me more mature, but because I don’t want people to see my messy bed in the background. Its also a nice productive way to start the day.
– My happiness is more dependent on my state of mind, than on what I’m doing and who I’m with. I can live simpler and spend less money and be just as happy, if not more so.
– Living with less options requires more creativity.
– Just because someone is not actively in my life, doesn’t mean they don’t care about me.
– Just because someone is actively in my life, doesn’t mean they care about me.
– Patients are way more ok with having a first year medical student come talk to them than I thought they would be.
– Having my own bathroom makes living with other people 100x easier.